Are you mindful of what you eat? Are you aware that your diet can contribute to weight gain and other complications? You will note that most people still prefer taking fast foods instead of the natural foods. Most of the processed foods can be found in supermarkets, hotels and so on. These foods require little or no preparation. Most people prefer them instead of cooking natural foods such as kales and other vegetables. There are many risks that are associated with poor eating habits. You risk getting arthritis and other diseases. The condition can be worse if you do not have time to perform exercises. Exercises normally keep your body fit and healthy. Arthritis is not a new term to most people. It basically involves the breakdown of cartilage. You will note that cartilage usually protects the joint thereby allowing smooth movement. This cartilage is responsible for absorbing shock when pressure is placed on the joint. Without enough cartilage, the bones can rub together thereby causing pain. This can also cause swelling and stiffness.
Joint inflammation can be caused by a number of reasons. These include the following:
- Broken bone
- Infection by a virus or bacteria
- General wear and tear of the joints.
However, the inflammation normally goes away after the patient has been treated. There are several symptoms of arthritis that you should know. Some of these symptoms include the following:
- Joint pain
- Joint swelling
- Warmth around a joint
- Redness of the skin around the skin
- Reduced ability to move the joint
- Occasional fever
- Breathing difficulty
- Rashes and itching
There are several types of arthritis. These include the following:
- Inflammatory arthritis – This involves the inflammation of tissues related to joints. You will note that connective tissue diseases, crystal deposition diseases, infectious arthritis are some of the examples of inflammatory arthritis. Rheumatoid arthritis also belongs to this category.
- Nonarticular rheumatism – This includes conditions such as tendonitis, bursitis, fibrositis and so on. This condition is related to sleep disturbances or even muscular abnormalities.
- Degenerative joint disease – This involves the corrosion of the cartilage lining the joints and lessening of the new bone formation underneath the cartilage.
How can you prevent arthritis?
We need to change our lifestyles. You will note that most people rarely exercise. Those people who are employed normally prefer driving to work. At the workplace, they usually prefer sending emails to their colleagues instead of physically going to their colleagues to pass the message. This means that such people hardly exercise. Technology has also made life easier. This has made some people to lead sedentary lifestyles. This has contributed to weight gain. The condition is made worse by their diet. If you want to prevent arthritis, you need to do the following:
- Reduce your weight- There are many ways of reducing your weight. You can consider changing your diet. You can shift from processed foods to natural foods. In addition, you can consider other healthier diets such as paleo diets and keto diets. They can help mitigate this situation.
- Regular activity- You need to perform exercises from time to time to time. You can consider to be performing some yoga after leaving your workplace. If you have a gym at home, you can consider going there early in the morning. There are many exercises that you can consider. These include:
- Swimming – You can dedicate time and go swimming with your friends during the weekends. You can also visit your nearest swimming pool during the holidays. You can consider to be visiting your nearest pool 3 times a week. Your body weight will reduce by a great margin.
- Jogging – This is a simple exercise that can be conducted either early in the morning or in the evening. You can also jog to your workplace. This can help you to stay fit and remain healthy.
- Cycling – If you have a car, you can consider buying a bicycle for cycling. You can consider cycling to your workplace and so on. You can also cycle for longer distances with time. This can help reduce your body fat.
- Strengthen your muscles- You need to consider weight bearing exercise. This can help maintain physical mobility. In addition, you need to prevent stress on particular joint as well as injuries.
It is true that you can overcome arthritis by changing your lifestyle. Change your unhealthy habits today and you will not regret.